SEND US AN EMAIL
Our team is on standby to answer any queries you may have. We look forward to hear from you! There are a few ways of getting in touch. If you’d like to receive a personalised quote, please fill in the form.
Directions: Buffalo Brooke is within easy access from all major centres – approximately 5 hours’ drive from Johannesburg, and a mere 45 minutes away from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport with connecting flights from OR Tambo, Cape Town and Durban Airports. Access to the reserve is gained via the N4, approximately 2,5km past the town of Hectorspruit, on the left side between Malelane and Komatipoort, en route to Maputo and Swaziland. Malelane town has a host of petrol stations, convenience shops, medical facilities less than 20 minutes away, and three major golf courses are between 15 – 30 minutes drive from Mjejane
Do you have questions about how we can help your company? Send us an email and we’ll get in touch shortly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- All private vehicles are to remain on the main road when entering and exiting the reserve.
- All game drives on the reserve are to be conducted by a registered field guide in an OSV. This means that no private drives in a personal vehicle are allowed on the Mjejane Reserve.
- Check-in is from 14h00 until 19h00 and check-out time is by 10h00 latest. Thereafter a R1000 fine is implemented per hour.
- No more than 10 people (including babies and children) are allowed to stay in the house.
- You are requested to keep volumes low at all times. There is a zero noise tolerance at night and you will be fined.
- Animals can potentially get through the electric fence at any time. Please be vigilant at all times as we have had active predators on the patio at night on many occasions.
- The reserve can attract some dangerous animals and guests should please contact management should they encounter any such visitors.
- No jogging is allowed at any time, and no walking around at night is allowed whatsoever for your own safety.
- Animal and bird feeding is strictly prohibited. This is a very serious offence and also becomes a problem with monkeys, warthogs and baboons who can be a danger to humans. If you feed the animals, it will lead to them becoming pests and could potentially cause their extermination in future.
- Speaking of unwanted visitors, monkeys have become fairly bothersome. Please take the necessary measures and keep a careful watch. When you do spot them, be sure to close up windows and doors until they pass or they will find their way into the kitchen and ransack cupboards for food.
- Do not geotag any images of rhino, even after your stay. This is for the species’ protection and poaching endangerment.
- If the reserve rules are not adhered to, guests will be held liable for the resulting fines.
The lodge is fully equipped with a large freezer, fridge, bar fridge, ice machine, and kitchen stove and oven and microwave to comfortably cater for your stay without needing any additional equipment. There is also a built-in outdoor braai/barbeque area and a fire pit, so don’t forget the charcoal. Bedrooms boast high ceilings with fans and air-conditioning to ensure degree-perfect comfort for afternoon naps or long uninterrupted sleep in comfortable king or queen-sized beds. Modern touches like unlimited WiFi and a flat-screen TV are some of those nice-to-have home comforts in all our accommodation. Each bedroom has its own private full bathroom with an outdoor shower and an indoor bath, as well as a private terrace overlooking the river. To view the accommodation gallery click here. As LeoLapa is a self-catering lodge, it is advisable to arrive with grocery staples such as your drinks, bread, milk and dinner for the evening to ensure you can sit back and relax immediately after your journey. Thereafter, stocking up on supplies is very easy as both Malelane and Komatipoort (20-minute drive) offer a host of shops, medical facilities and the like. Other amenities include:
- Complimentary WiFi
- An office space if you must work (we highly recommend you don’t)
- A fully equipped bar and kitchen with all necessary appliances
- Soaps and toilet paper
Daily housekeeping (Monday to Saturday, excepting South African Public Holidays) is included in the fee. Activites are charged separately
LeoLapa is a five-star self-catering lodge in Kruger National Park. Although we’ve taken every endeavour to equip you with everything you could possibly need or want in this exclusive African bush lodge, here’s what to pack to bring along with you.
The house provides towels throughout, however, you will need to bring your own swimwear and safety accessories for children.
Food & Drinks:
The house provides a fully equipped kitchen and a bar with every appliance you could possibly need, including an ice maker. Bring along your own drinks, food, condiments, serviettes, coffee, tea, cooking oil and seasoning.
Blankets and a fire pit are available for wintery days and nights. For summer you’ll find aircon and fans throughout. But do bring along your own sunblock and sunhats and shades to protect yourself from the African equator rays.
Mjejane is considered a malaria area and necessary malaria precautions must be taken by guests prior to arrival. Please call for more information and advice, or consult your preferred medical professional. While on-site, it is advised that you use regular mosquito repellents like Peaceful Sleep and Tabbard, available in local stores.
Groceries and stocking up supplies:
If you have not packed groceries before your journey, you can stop in Malelane, approximately 20 minutes before entering the game reserve areas. There you will find fully equipped and well-known grocery and liquor stores such as Spar, Pick n Pay as well as other clothing stores should you have forgotten any essential items. Remember, though, this is the African bush. Fashion required here is usually a good pair of shorts, a shirt and a bush hat with closed shoes. Grab your swimming gear, shades and you’re ready for most occasions!
Contact us via email for rates or book here. A 50% deposit secures the reservation. The balance is due 60 days ahead of check-in date. Confirmation to occupy will be issued only on receipt of full payment as per standard South African tourism terms.
- Up to 60 days ahead of occupation date – 50% of deposit refunded.
- 30 to 59 days ahead of occupation date – No refund applicable.
- Game drives for up to 10 guests at an additional cost
Kruger Park Reserve entry can be bought off Wildcard.co.za.